Complaints Book’s Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Last updated June 2020
EezyCheck Technologies (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd (“EezyCheck”, “we”, “us” “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- “User” means a person that accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or in any way uses the Platform and includes but is not limited to: any person who submits a complaint in response to having previously had a transactional relationship with a brand/company/service.
- “Platform” means the website, complaintsbook.co.za , and mobile application accessible through this website, www.complaintsbook.co.za, of which EezyCheck is the registered licensee.
- USER CONSENT
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data from you:
- Personal Information: all of the information you submit when you create an account on the Platform This includes:
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Residential address
- Identity/Passport number
(Hereafter referred to as “Personal Information”)
- Further information:
- The User may visit the Platform without providing any Personal Information. However, the Platform’s servers may still collect technical information from the User regarding the use of the Platform, which is aggregated for analytical purposes, technical maintenance and for improving the content offered on the Platform, including but not limited to:
- internet protocol (IP) addresses;
- internet service provider information (ISP);
- browser information and date and time stamps;
- a User\'s location,
- a User’s usage information.
- An User will not be identified from or by the information outlined in 2.1 and EezyCheck is entitled to copy, distribute or otherwise use such information without limitation.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and/or ask for further information
- We may also ask you to complete surveys to provide extra information, although you are under no obligation to respond to these surveys;
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- to enter into a contract with a User;
- to perform any obligations under a contract with a User;
- to comply with a legal obligation;
- to protect a legitimate interest of a User (unless the User has specifically objected in writing to all or some of the processing activities on reasonable grounds);
- to pursue its own legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party who it is sharing the information with (unless the User has specifically objected in writing to all or some of the processing activities on reasonable grounds);
- to process Personal Information for credit reporting purposes;
- to process Personal Information for direct marketing purposes (unless the User has opted out of receiving any direct marketing material);
- to present content to the User in the most effective way for them and their viewing device and browser;
- to customise and display content including, but not limited to products, articles, listings
- to enable the User to voluntarily participate in interactive features on the Platform;
- to notify the User about changes to the Platform;
- and advertisements to the User in a way that EezyCheck feels may interest the User or be most beneficial to them; and/or
- to send content including, but not limited to products, articles, listings and advertisement content to the User via email or other electronic media, where the User has consented to be contacted by EezyCheck with such content.
- EezyCheck shall only sell a User\'s Personal Information to a third party with the prior written consent of the User and only to the extent permitted by law.
- DIRECT MARKETING
- You hereby consent to the processing of your Personal Information for the purpose of direct marketing by means of electronic communications including automatic calling machines, SMS\'s or electronic mail.
- The User can opt out of receiving further marketing communications by un-checking certain boxes on the forms used on the Platform to collect their personal information, or by contacting EezyCheck at email@example.com
- Cookies are small files saved to the user\'s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user\'s interactions and usage of the Platform. This allows the Platform, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this Platform.
- Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this Platform on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this Platform and its external serving vendors.
- Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this Platform uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
- RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH USING THE PLATFORM
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. However, the transmission and storage of information using the internet and servers is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, and will employ strict secure processes and security features, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted or stored using our Platform; any transmission or submission of data while using the Platform is therefore at your own risk.
- Information wirelessly sent to and from your device may be captured by someone else with a wireless device. Please keep this in mind when sending or accessing personal or business information.
- When accessing the Platform, anti-virus, security and privacy of information is the responsibility of the Device owner.
- If you reside outside the Republic of South Africa, you understand that your personally identifiable information will be processed in the Republic of South Africa, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your own country.
- PLATFORM SECURITY
- EezyCheck is committed to protecting the Personal Information in its custody against any loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of that information, and to prevent any unauthorised parties from accessing that information. EezyCheck shall take reasonable steps in this regard but to the maximum extent permitted by law shall not be liable for any loss arising as a result of a failure of its systems.
- Users must maintain the secrecy of any passwords used to gain access to this Platform and should change such passwords regularly.
- PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA
- EezyCheck shall maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for the protection of data, confidentiality and integrity of Client and user data. All data is stored and maintained in Portugal.
- We shall not (a) modify client/user Data, (b) disclose client/user data except as compelled by law or as expressly permitted in writing by a user/client, or (c) access client Data except to provide the services or prevent or address service or technical problems, or at a client’s request in connection with customer support matters. However, clients should note that a User may request EezyCheck to delete their complaint related material.
Due to security and privacy concerns, EezyCheck does not allow migration of any data from EezyCheck’s database. Accordingly, after the termination or expiration of the Agreement for any reason, EezyCheck shall retain all data for a period of three (3) years (“Retention Period”). During the Retention Period, a Client shall have a limited right to access and view data at no additional charge. This limited right does not include the right to further use the EezyCheck services in any other manner. After the Retention Period has expired, EezyCheck shall have the right to permanently destroy data or a Client may contact EezyCheck to inquire whether EezyCheck has fee-based retention alternatives.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We will use your Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes. For example:
- To gather contact information;
- To use or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about those goods and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide aggregate information about our users to our advertisers or selected third parties for consumer analysis and marketing.
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes; and/or
- In connection with legal proceedings.
- We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services
- Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will only contact you by electronic means.
- EezyCheck shall comply with all applicable laws, contracts or regulations when it processes a User\'s Personal Information.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may disclose your Personal Information to third party service providers who are involved in the delivery of our services. Third party service providers include but are not limited to:
- Payment Gateway Provider (User\'s full names, credit card details);
- Bulk email delivery providers (User\'s email addresses);
- Potential providers of goods and services to you if you utilise certain of the functionality on the Platform including [insert]
- EezyCheck may also share aggregated information about Users of this Platform and their usage patterns. EezyCheck may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers target specific audiences. Such aggregated information will be de-identified and the User\'s personal information will not be disclosed.
- Other than as stated in Clauses 1 and 13.2, EezyCheck shall not share a User\'s Personal Information with any third parties unless:
- it has the User\'s express consent to do so
- If we are under obligation to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; and/or
- The User hereby consents to the processing of their personal information in terms of the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that such consent has been given voluntarily after the User has read and understood the provisions of this Privacy Notice, in particular, regarding the following:
- the types of personal information to be processed;
- the specific processing activities to be undertaken;
- the specific purpose/s for such processing; and
- the possible consequences for the User that may arise from such processing.
- RIGHT TO DELETE FACEBOOK DATA
If you want to delete your data from ConsumersTrust App, you can remove your information by following these steps:
1. Go to your Facebook Account’s Setting & Privacy. Click “Settings”
2. Look for “Apps and Websites” and you will see all of the apps and websites you linked with your Facebook.
3. Search and Click “ConsumersTrust” in the search bar.
4. Scroll and click “Remove”.
5. Congratulations, you have successfully removed your app activities and data from the ConsumersTrust App
- Resources & Further Information